Tuesday 22 February 2011

Even if it leads nowhere.


One of my projects at college was 'Journey Through Photography' where I learnt about photography from the beginning. For my final piece, I had to explore a range of techniques that I'd been learning and develop a few of them into my own photo. I've always had an interest in experimenting with lighting, which resulted in me playing around with my flash gun in some woodlands. I wanted to create an 'over detailed' photograph by lighting up different areas of the woodland in different ways, creating multiple shadows and highlights. I added the material and person into the photo to add some contrast with the natural colours, I think the bright red has worked well against the green. Parts of the photo are over and under exposed but I like that they're different detailing in the photo as it looks like there are lots of different light sources when it was all created with my flash gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment